After you have browsed these other websites, come back and see if the Linn-Mar High School Library has your book! If it doesn’t have your book, you can always suggest the library purchase the book, or look for the book in a local library. Some of these resources will require you to log in using your AEA Log-in information. Stop by the library to find out what the log-in information is or look on one of our research bookmarks for the log-in information. If you are interested in Video games, try video games that are based off of books.
What Should I Read Next? – Enter your favorite book title into the search field and find out what books other readers have liked that are similar to the book you like!
What’s Next? – This website will tell you what is next in the series you are reading.
NoveList Plus – Find fiction and nonfiction books that are similar to other topics you are interested in. You will need a library card # from the Cedar Rapids Metro Library to log into this resource. Library cards are free to get from the public library!
MackinVIA – eBooks and Audio books provided to you free of charge through GrantWood AEA. Log in using your AEA credentials.
FolletShelf – 786 Books, ebooks and other reading materials for you to enjoy provided free through Grantwood AEA. Log in using your AEA credentials.
- Alex Award – The Alex Awards are given to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults, ages 12 through 18.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award – The William C. Morris YA Debut Award honors a debut book published by a first-time author writing for teens and celebrating impressive new voices in young adult literature.
- Michael L. Printz Award – The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens – An annual list of recommended graphic novels and illustrated non-fiction
- Pulitzer Prizes – Fiction : Non-fiction : Biography or Autobiography
- Teens Top Ten – Best ten books each year as voted by thousands of teenagers.
Community Reading Programs