Book reviews submitted by students
[Waiting for you to submit your book review……]
Why should I write a book review?
- Become a published author!
- Writing experience looks great on college applications!
- Good practice writing a brief, clear, persuasive paragraph.
- Read a library book.
- As you read, make brief notes of what you might want to write about.
- Consider who might be interested in this book.
- Offer comparisons to other books you have read. Example: If you enjoy Jodie Picoult’s books, you might enjoy this book because…
- Complete the Book Review form. You can either fill it out online, download and fill out the form, or hand write the form.
- Return the completed form to Mr. Johnson via email or in person. Reviews can be handed in at the Library circulation desk.
- Reviews to the Library Website should be brief in length (under 150 words).
- Body of the review should include:
- Who is the main character?
- What important events or themes are featured in the book?
- Would you recommend this book to other students? Why or why not?
- Your review should NOT reveal the ending of the book.
- To qualify all entries must be:
- Written in complete sentences.
- The body of the review must include all of the information requested above.
- Include the student’s name and email address.
- Submitted to Mr. Johnson.
“Write a book review” by SBHSLibraryWiki licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.